Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Winter in Oslo

Both Norway and Canada have been having rather mild winters this year which is kinda lame but that lack of extreme conditions makes it easier to get out and about in the nice snowy weather.
Vigeland's Park
The Vigeland Sculpture park is a really iconic and unique part of Oslo. I don't think many other places in the world would ever allow a park full of naked statues especially since many of them are in such weird and obscure poses. I think it's beautiful and Vigeland portrays lots of raw human emotion in his sculptures and I love taking a stroll through the park. 


wahhh I'm cold

he's my husband



    
pile for warmth!

















Sognsvann
I've said before that Sognsvann is one of my favourite places in Oslo and that doesn't change in the winter. This time I didn't go into the forest but walked halfway around the lake then walked right across the frozen lake and the back to the start. I don't think I've ever walked on a frozen lake before so I thought it was quite cool (pun not intended). There were so many cross country skiers out it was quite insane. 





Horsey! 



No comments:

Post a Comment