Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Book Review: Eating the Dinosaur- Chuck Klosterman

I just finished reading Eating the Dinosaur by Chuck Klosterman. As I said on my review of Sedaris' When you are Engulfed in Flames I really don't read books of essays very much. I think this is mostly because the many of them won't interest or apply to me in any way and that was the main reason I didn't really enjoy this book. No fault of the author because he can't please everyone. I skipped the essay on football and wish I had skipped the one on basketball, I just don't care about sports. The essays I enjoyed most were '"Ha ha." he said. "Ha Ha."' which was about sitcom laugh tracks and 'Fail' which was about our relationship with technology and the Unabomber. It's difficult to say that a specific essay was about a specific topic because while that is what it is about on a very basic level Kosterman brings the topics much deeper and manages to make some comments on society, humanity, or something else equally deep in each of his essays.

Just because this type of essays aren't my thing I'm giving it a 3/5. I'll have to read his book about metal sometime though.
-AshtheViking

No comments:

Post a Comment